Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mars Hill

I was reading in Acts 17 yesterday and I was reminded of my time in Greece back in 2006. I had the privelege to live in the Netherlands for a few months and study abroad. We traveled through out Europe, and Athens, Greece was one of our stops. Visiting the Acropolis was such a memorable time for me. Especially standing on top of Mars Hill, which is where Paul preached to the Athenians in Acts 17. This is where Paul said these words to the philosophers and idol worshipers who had an altar dedicated to "the unknown god"... "The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything."
This scripture is a good reminder to me and I was encouraged by it yesterday. I hope it speaks to you too. Here are some pics from Greece...


Mars Hill...the big rock that all the people are standing on.



Me standing on Mars Hill...not the most attractive picture, but im ok with that.

No comments: