well hello...i must say it feels like i haven't blogged in a while. the reason is because we have been busy(but who isn't) and also because i haven't felt like it. It's Christmas time and I have felt like doing other things. Since the last post this is what has happened....
- I turned 24.
- We went to New York and walked 500 miles (like the song) while we were there.
- Started leading a homegroup.
- I finished my first semester of grad school.
- I started a mini-mester for school to get 3 hours credit.
- Had the annual Sudan Christmas cookie decorating contest(which Jason and I did not win).
- Jason went on a 24 hour long shift with a firefighter for the Ft. Worth FD.
- Had lunch with an Iraqi family for a good 2 1/2 hours.
I guess thats about it that is worth noting. December has been quite the busy month. But I am so excited to go home to Houston to be with my family to celebrate Jesus! With all this business, I feel like I truly had been distracted from the reason why this time is so great! Jesus...that's why. I know we hear it all the time... "Jesus is the reason for the season" and it sounds corny, but it is so true. The cold weather, the candles, the sweets, the snow(or not), the music, time with family...none of it compares to Jesus and the freedom that he brought when he came into this world. I hope all of you have a great Christmas and I pray that you feel God's nearness and love this season! Here are some pictures from some events mentioned above for your viewing pleasure...