Tuesday, November 4, 2008

El Presidente

Jas and I went to Waco this weekend for Baylor's homecoming and we went to our old church in Waco. He had a great sermon on the election of our future president. I thought I would share (for those of you who didn't hear the sermon) as it won't be long until we know who was won this whole deal...

The sermon really focused on what WE need to do as believers...how we should respond and how we should live our lives. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, "If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

No matter what happens tonight (or whenever they figure out who the new president will be), does not change what we as follower's of Christ should be doing. We must continue to pray, humbly seek God, and repent of our sins. This is the calling we have received...and if we are faithful to submit and obey, He has promised us that he will heal our land. So tonight, let's cling to those promises. Whether McCain or Obama wins the race, we know that ultimately our hope comes from our merciful and loving Father and not the Presidential figure. That's a good thing...

No comments: