Thursday, May 1, 2008

Letter of Gold

Apparently, if you have the last name of Sudan listed on facebook, other facebook members will befriend you and send you messages similar to the one below. Since I have changed my last name on facebook, many African people (from the Sudan mainly) have sent me messages. When I respond I have to inform them that I am not from the Sudan, but that it is my last name. This message below is by far the best of all of the messages I have received. It turns out that I could be his golden baby. Lucky me! I had to give him the news that I am currently married, so there is no way I could be his golden baby...and then I kindly asked him not to message me again.

Please enjoy this "letter of gold"...

"Dear sister,

I am very happy to write u this sort information concerning me, My name is Mohammed, I am 25 years old Gambian by nationality. I have three brothers with one sister. I am presently in Sudan where by I am doing my university level. I have seen your profile with great since of humor which make me feel happy and joy, I really found that the golden baby whom I have been searching for her could be you, and therefore I took this great opportunity to write this latter of gold to you which came from a deep heart. Your friendship is highly appreciated. I am looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours ever Mohammed"

2 comments:

Christy said...

hillarious!!! who knew all of that would come with a great name like sudan? i see you figured out how to add friends - love you!!!

Mom said...

If you had kept "Parks," you might not have had that problem.
I miss you two love birds.