Friday, May 14, 2010

Graduation Day!!!


Congratulations Alex Melinda Sudan! You are now a graduate of the UTA Masters Social Work Program! Way to go. One of Alex's sweet statements she says frequently is "Jas, aren't you proud of me?".......YOU BET I AM, I am so proud of you! Alex has worked so hard the past 2 years traveling to Arlington for class, taking many tests, writing extremely long papers, completing a couple internships, and dominating a licensing exam.
Before I met Alex, I really don't think I ever gave a second thought to social work agencies, due to my own selfishness and ignorance. Now, I realize the importance and necessity of them. It has been really fun to watch Alex develop such a heart for those that are seen as social outcasts, physically or verbally abused, mentally unstable, etc. It takes unique men and women to work in this sector of society, and I am very thankful for them.
Once again CONGRATULATIONS Alex! You are going to make an incredible social worker.

5 comments:

monique said...

yea yea yea!!! congrats! you are awesome :)

ellen said...

Way to go, Alex!!! So awesome!

Unknown said...

Alex, I want to honor all your hard work and committment to completing this degree. You are an inspiration to me, and I suspect I am not alone. Congratulations!!!!
Also, an acknowledgment to you, Jas, for all the ways and times you encouraged and supported Alex in this.
What a team you guys are!

Anonymous said...

wow alex congratulations! i can still remember hanging out at your house as seniors in college and you being the most freaked out of us all! and now look at you ms. masters degree in something beautifully admirable, difficult, challenging and extremely important! im SO proud of you!
ash

Birdwells said...

WOO-HOO!!! What an accomplishment! I am sure it feels great to be DONE. There are lots of people who need your expertise in Austin! ...just sayin'!