Tuesday, June 17, 2008

lounge lizard

well guys, its officially 8:23 pm on a Tuesday night and I am showerd, in my PJs and in bed. Oh it feels so good! Am I the only one that loves to be clean and in bed??? It is seriously one of my favorite things. Whenever I am freshly showered and in bed I just have the urge to roll around in my sheets and just totally take in the moment of the cleanness and freshness. Its awesome. If any of you don't know what I am talking about....I'm sorry.

I don't feel like I have anything too profound to say tonight (not like I normally do, haha) but I am just wanting to keep up with my blogging commitment. I can't abondon this thing yet. It's too soon. All I got on the agenda tonight is just a bit of reading and then going to bed early. So I though I would stop by to say "hello". I'll leave you guys with a good verse that I've read this week. I've been reading in James (which happens to be one of my favorite books of the Bible) and I love it.

"For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment." James 2:13

This verse is just going back to the principle that God has called us to love our neighbor as ourself. If we show partiality, God sees this as a sin. It is challenging to me to try to allow God to help me see ALL people the way He sees them, and not with my wordly, prejudiced eyes. I just want to be a merciful follower of Christ. I want to bestow mercy and grace upon others as Christ has done the same for me. Easier said than done, but I am encouraged today as I read James because at least I know God has called me to this. And I find comfort because even when I fail, He still loves me and lifts me up to try again. He knows I can't do it on my own. Actually, He just knows. Ahhh, I love it.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: